Saturday, June 20, 2015

Me at 40

Turning 40 is hard for people. I have to say, it is weird leaving the 30's decade. SO much happened during those 10 years and when I started into them I still felt pretty young. And your "40's" just sounds older.
But in most ways I felt pretty awesome getting to 40. I'm in such an awesome stage of life and I have a happy, healthy family! I live in a beautiful neighborhood and community. I love the gospel and I have a testimony that the church I was born into is the true church. How amazing! And I'm wiser. I've learned so much about myself and the world in general.

So here's a few things about 40 yr old me:

I love my family.

We're not even close to perfect, but they are my favorite people to be with and I'm so grateful for each of them.

I love subbing. I love this stage of life because I can get out of the house and contribute. Being a stay-at-home-mom is awesome. Getting out of the house and contributing in the classroom and to our family finances is awesome too and feels like an adventure. 

I love my calling. Being primary president is amazing. Mainly because of the children and all the fabulous people I serve with. What a blessing!
 

A lot of my life is homework and making sure the kids are doing what they're supposed to be doing. I don't like feeling like a nag so I'm always trying to figure out the best ways to go about this. (i.e. charts, etc)

This is Sadie's color calendar from school. She had more "yellows" going on at the beginning of the year and she was excited to show me this one with almost all "greens" and even 1 "purple".


Oh, and making meals, of course. Sometimes I'm in a good cooking phase and sometimes I'm in a rut.

Piano practice is a work in progress. Since I didn't grow up playing I feel like it's new territory. Since I practice with Sadie most of the time I'm at level 1 too! :)

I love having 2 of my sisters here with me. I wish they were all here but I'll take what I can get.
Amy and I went to get our free meal at Joe's Farm Grill on our birthday and Miranda came too. And now Miranda just got a job here so she'll be here awhile!
 

And lastly, I'm starting to look a little more toward days when it'll be me and my sweetheart. He's so good to me. I'm so happy that I met him almost 20 years ago now.
 

I know we have a while til the kids leave us, but I know the next 10 years will go as fast as the last 10 (or faster :/). When I'm turning 50 Sadie will be 18! I hope then I can feel the peaceful fulfillment I feel now. I'm truly blessed and happy to enjoy each stage of my life.

No comments: