Monday, June 29, 2015

May: Finals, Family, Friends, Fun, and Finales

May was a great month!

First of all, we got a new member of the Giles family! Baby Benson made his debut on Cinco de Mayo 2015. He looks to be the sweetest thing ever. I'm so, so excited to finally get to meet him this week! Yay!


Emma and Eli successfully navigated through finals week, but were jealous of all the fun (and no school work) the little girls got to have at same time.

I went to the 4th grade fair and got to look at some of the cute stuff Holly'd been up to. Have you read the book, "The Day the Crayon's Quit?" They had to make a book about "The Day ___ Quit" and Holly chose silverware.

She's such a creative girl :) I love this!

And this is one of her very favorite friends, Moriel.


I guess it wasn't all fun for the girls. The second grade report on a famous person was due like a week before school was out. Sadie drew Margaret Thatcher out of a hat. They could chose between dressing like their famous person or doing a poster. And then they had to give an oral report. I really tried to get her to dress up but she wasn't having any of it :)
 

Emma's final art project was a stunner. IMHO.
Emma, her art work, and her inspiration.
 
This or another art project was chosen to be hung and displayed at the district offices but we never made it there :(

And Holly also had this artwork chosen by her art teacher to be displayed.
 
We completely forgot and didn't make it to that either. (Mom of the year)(Insert emoji with the gritted teeth here).

Sadie had her dance recital. She's the teeny girl on the far right :)
 
She had fun overall but didn't want to do it again next year.
 

The last day of school FINALLY came!!
 
Emma's bus pulled up as we were walking home.
 


We had two graduates in the family this year. One long awaited Master's degree...
(Is she the cutest? I was so happy I got to be there:)
 


And one in the blink of an eye...

Tatum just left to go live in Utah and go to UVU. We're really going to miss that girl around here! Amy's been pretty emotional about it, and it's been rubbing off on me too, reminding me that Emma will be college-bound in 3 years!!

Almost the entire month of May was filled with dreamy weather and we were happy to show our appreciation by spending time outside...

Playing at the neighborhood park.


Hiking.






Family bike rides.


We actually rode bikes with the Myers one day all the way to downtown Gilbert along the power lines. Then we played at the splash pad and ate out for breakfast once we got there. That was a blast! I really want to do that again sometime!

We felt pretty proud of Sadie who's still a beginner and has a 16" bike.

Those small wheels had about 3 rotations for every ONE big bike.


The kids had a ton of fun in the splash pad.
How could they not when dad gets involved?



After school got out, Emma got to fly all by herself to California to help Miranda drive Sally's kids out here.
Here she is sitting nervously..



We were pretty excited to have the pleasure of this little Miss coming stay with us.

James ended up basically staying at Dan and Amy's and Lucia here.
Eter and Sally took a trip to Argentina and got to go to the Cordoba temple open house. That's where Sal served her mission so it was a special trip.

Sadie liked being the BIG sister :)


And so did Campbell.

Such cute cousins!

I did get to take a cousin party to the San Tan mall one day.
 


I have to admit, I kinda miss having this sweet little one around! She's really an angel.

The only real challenge when the kids were here was that our house was being painted at the same time. So there were times that we couldn't open the doors since they were taped shut. And all the windows were covered like so...

A little claustrophobic with 8 kids trapped inside! :) But we survived.

Wow! This month was BUSY! I almost forgot Mother's Day. I got the usual treatment- tons of love and appreciation!


Plus- foot massages,hair brushing, back scratching, etc. Oh, and breakfast in bed!

I'm blessed beyond measure!

No comments: