Monday, February 10, 2014

California Trip

Back in January, baby Lucia was blessed. Of course, we couldn't miss that! Plus, we needed to give our new van it's inaugural trip:)
So Dana took off the Friday before, and the kids got a day off school. On our way out we took the opportunity to visit the new Gilbert temple open house. (Post on the temple soon). What a great way to kick off our awesome weekend!

In the few weeks since we'd seen her last, she really found her smile and was somehow even cuter than before!
 


I didn't catch any of the really big smiles but she's just so precious and we had so much fun seeing her and her sweet big brother too.
 

The little girls loved playing with him again:)
 

Nothing better than family time.
 


Love this cute family!
 
My grandpa was able to participate in the blessing too. It's hard for him to stand for a long time but he did it!
 

The other best thing about taking a trip to California is visiting the beach!
We were so excited! On our way down the kids got to eat the huge lollipops Dana bought them at the dollar store:)
 

Man, we had a great time there. We soaked it in as much as we could to last us until summer.
 





I was happy to see Emma still get down and play in the sand:)
 

Dana and I reminisced about meeting there at Corona Del Mar about 18 and 1/2 years ago:)
 
And Holly drew us a heart:)
 

We decided to take a walk over to the jetty.





What a perfect day.



After we went back to get our stuff and pack up, all that was left of our snack bag was dozens and dozens of seagull footprints. Those birds do not mess around! We only found 1 wrapper out of probably 15 granola bars!

And the empty bag:)

Coming home was a little painful, but we'll be back!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

OH my goodness this post made me wish I was at the beach!!! Your family is too cute and baby Lucia is such a doll. Glad you guys could be together for the blessing. :)

Sally said...

I can't wait for you guys to come out here this summer! I think you'll really love it here. And… BEACH CAMPING!!!