Sunday, February 2, 2014

Beautiful January

As most of the country bundles up and hunkers down in January, we get weather chilly enough that the trees think they better lose their leaves and get it over with so they'll be able to grow Spring ones in about a month. I really love our belated autumn. And I really like the developers of our neighborhood for lining our streets with these beautiful trees. The leaves are all gone now but I went down the street to take these pictures before they were.


Oh, I brought Eli and Scout with me too :)
 

We recently went on a family bike ride over to a community lake with sidewalks all around. It was so picturesque. It really was breathtaking. Bike riding and picture taking don't really go hand-in-hand so it'll have to live in our memories, but imagine perfect weather, people walking around- some fishing, some walking, some picnicing, a group taking family photos, and hot air balloons up in the sky!

Recently, there have been hot-air balloons launching in my neighborhood. It kinda makes you smile when you walk out of your house Saturday morning and see this:

I'm grateful for where we get to live.

1 comment:

Sally said...

I'm grateful for where we get to live now, too. And I'm excited for you guys to come out and see it. It really is different here!