Thursday, February 20, 2014

A New Calling

Well if you follow my blog- or happen to know you me in real life, you know that my church calling is Primary Chorister. It's been 2 years and a couple months ago since I received that calling. Our ward was brand new and as I drove to our bldg to meet with the new Bishop I sang (true story) "I'll Go Where You Want Me to Go". It's a good thing I went with a willing heart because when he extended the call I was shocked first and then scared half to death second. I for sure had never been so nervous about a calling. I shook up there in front of the kids (and more importantly, teachers) and tried not to appear as nervous as I felt. But now, Sunday after Sunday after Sunday and 2 Primary Programs under my belt, I can honestly say I feel pretty comfortable up there! It's pretty nice!
So....we all know what happens when you start to feel comfortable in your calling.

It's been just over a week now since I got a new calling as Primary President. When I received the calling I mostly felt honored that Heavenly Father and the Bishop would chose me out of the amazing women in our ward. I mean really. If you knew the women in our ward. And when I use the word "chose" I mean for this time. Basically I know lots and lots of girls in our ward would be amazing PP's, but it's my turn to serve. I want to do an awesome job. I feel blessed to be capable of serving. I'm going to stick with my "All I can do is my best" motto in life. And when I look back on the past couple years, first becoming chorister, which helped prepare for subbing, and then subbing which also helped prepare me for this, I feel Heavenly Father's hand in my life. It's really cool to think that the Lord may be preparing us for different things in our future. We just need to have courage and to be teachable.

As Dana and I walked out of the Bishop's office I remember thinking, "I'm not nearly as nervous as when I got called to chorister, but if I knew everything that will be required of me, I should be more nervous this time." We have the biggest primary in the stake with about 160 kids! Good thing I picked a few of those amazing women in the ward as counselors! We're having our first meeting tonight and are ready to go, say, and be, what the Lord wants us to. Off to a new adventure in life:)

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Great attitude Katie! You are going to do a fabulous job! :)