Thursday, August 1, 2013

The Car Died

It's true and it's sad because what it needs is a new transmission which will cost $1500. If you know about cars you may be thinking that, that's a good deal. Yes it is, but the reason we're getting a "deal", is that the auto repair shop also put in a new (refurbished) transmission just over 2 yrs ago. So- they're "working with us" on the labor. This will our van's FOURTH transmission people.
Note to you: If you're looking for a used van, don't buy an Odyssey from the years between 00-04 or so. Apparently they reject transmissions. Okay this is not fun. Just talking about it, I'm getting bored.
(Sidebar: I'm extra prone to boredom right now because I've been stuck at home all week with no car).

My main point here is the miracle that made it all the way home from our vacations. First we drove to Zion, UT and back, then a few days later to Dana Point, CA and back. And it died on our street the night we got home. We had been praying. My sister's family had been praying (a couple lights turned on in Dana Point which alerted us that there was a problem). And we made it home. We also stopped 4 times on the way home. The power of prayer is real! We are so grateful not to have been stranded on the side of the road with all our kids waiting to be towed for half an hour plus in 110 deg weather! And you know what? In the end we will be getting a new car and that's pretty fun and not boring at all :) (Expensive but definitely not boring).

If you LOVE your mini-van will you tell me what it is and what year it is? Even if I don't know you- I'd love any recommendations!

No comments: