Monday, August 5, 2013

Beach Camping 2013

Three days post Zion we were driving back out to the freeway and heading for California and from there, making a bee-line straight for the beach.


With a new giant cooler and almost all our other earthly possessions in tow.


Fast forward 6 hrs...Ahhh:)




Site #74 (TONS of space on corner)
 
So fun to see Mom, Sally, and Eter upon arrival, plus our favorite little boy!
Sadie and Holly had so much fun playing with him :)



Mom went home each night to help my grandpa get ready for bed (with the added bonus of sleeping in her bed at night) and took a kid home with her each night too. It was such a treat for them to be able to have one-on-one time with Gram!
 

One of the first orders of business was to get out there and catch some crabs. This is almost as fun for Dana as the kids. I love that he loves it. What lucky kids to have such a fun dad.

Then they get put them all back :) I'm sure those crabs can't wait for us to come visit each year!

The second day Jeff and Carrie came and the kids finally got to meet their new cousin Berkley! She's to-die-for cute!!
 




I caught her smiling in a few pictures :) She's so darling. She's got some pretty great parents too.
 

We rented a kayak.


Made a sandcastle.
 

Went exploring.
 



Played with cousins some more.




Oh- can't forget the relaxing part...
 

And my mom treated us out to dinner on the last night. We were all surprised at the size of Eli's nachos! So funny :)
 

It wasn't the same with out Dan and Amy's family this year, and we also missed Miranda again, but still a great last hurrah before school starts: Now only 2 days away.


I love my family.

2 comments:

Sally said...

I tried to comment earlier and got some weird error message.

CUTE pics! It was so fun to spend so much time with you guys.

I love to the ones of James down by the water. Can you send them? (Even though he's wearing that too-small Trekkie shirt. #dadsinchargeofclothes

joyous said...

Super fun!!! And I love the girls' tank dresses in that last picture. :)