
The thing that made it extra tricky was that the color had to work for our front room, kitchen, and down the hall. I never realized how light can completely change a color. Really it's crazy. So we painted this section and then I painted the opposite wall and looked at it for a few days. I realized I kept trying to see green in it and there really wasn't much there. So we went back to the drawing board again with a bunch of gray-blue-green samples. We then narrowed it down and ended up with "Aloof Gray" a Sherwin-Williams color.

We're so happy with it :) This picture actually looks a little more greenish than it does in person.
That's another thing we learned: liking a color online doesn't really translate to your own house. It could look nothing like it.

Here's another picture in the middle of the day- obviously with a lot more light on it.

We're still working on the hall and then we think we're going to do 2 colors in the kitchen, not to mention the cabinets eventually. And then our room, plus decorating, framing windows- a seemingly never-ending list.
So fun to make changes and updates!:)
No comments:
Post a Comment