Friday, July 12, 2013

Oh What Do You Do In the Summertime?

When we've been home and not on a trip (which is the majority of the time), here are some things we've done/do:
  • As many water involved activities as possible :)

Being Mermaids:)

Sadie was FINALLY tall enough for the water slides at the public pools this year!
 
She loved the fast one even better than the slow one:)


  • Go out to eat on a really lucky day


  • Sent Emma off to her second year of Girl's Camp


  • Saw the little girls sitting next to each other at the computer and got a good idea. Well...I thought so:)


  • Fulfill my calling
I've really gotten used to being primary chorister. I don't even get too nervous anymore!
This was my Father's Day activity- good singing=cutting the dad's ties. I totally acted like I forgot to ask the dads to wear a tie they didn't care about. I even had the leaders fooled. One teacher offered to be the cut-ee in the stead of his partner because I told the two pre-chosen men to act like they didn't want their ties cut. Haha- It was great. And I have NEVER heard singing like that. It was probably one the kids will always remember too.



  • Watch the kids help each other with their daily lists
They've actually been really cute with this. Especially Sadie and Holly. About half the time they team up and do both their jobs together.
 


  • Watch my teenager act like a teenager

And then act like a kid again:)


And finally one last picture from Father's Day. Dana getting the royal treatment:)


Today is our 16 year Anniversary and I'm feeling very grateful for such a wonderful husband :) And the happy family we've created together...with a little help from above.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

What fantastic post. Your family is so beautiful. I cracked up at the picture of Sadie scratching Holly's back while she practiced the piano. Too cute! Looks like you are all enjoying the summer!