Sunday, February 24, 2013

Emma's 13th Birthday (Week)

Emma's birthday fell on a Sunday this year. On her actual birthday she felt like she got the raw end of the deal a little bit. But she got the at-home royal treatment that day including: waking up to streamers in her doorway, her birthday cereal for breakfast, extra love and hugs and "Happy Birthday!"s, and some presents. Oh and the birthday spankings which I don't remember every year but gave her a few hearty ones this year.
   

 

I got her some mechanical pencils and a pink egg-shaped chapstick. It sounds bad but she loved them both SO much. She asked for the pencils and the chapstick I just thought was cool (and it worked out because apparently everyone has one.) Besides, her main gift from us was a horse-back ride to the Riparian Preserve from her horse lesson teacher, which she's been dying to do. 

The next day was President's Day (and no school) so I was hoping to make her birthday a little more fun by taking her to lunch and a little shopping. Then Amy told me that a few of Emma's friends wanted to come kidnap her in the morning for breakfast. So cute! I was so excited for her. She's getting so big! A couple friends were gone for the weekend and not back in time, so it ended up being Jane and her friend Lexi. In the morning Amy texted me to unlock the door and then they pretty much ran in and grabbed her.

 

I got to come to IHOP too :) It was so cute, she loved it.  

The rest of the day got busy so I ended up doing the lunch/shopping plan Wednesday. I loved picking her up from school and surprising her! We went to Chipotle for lunch and then over to the mall. She's been growing so fast lately. I predict we'll end up about the same height. 

Oh and to fit right into our coldest winter EVER- the Superstition Mountains had snow on them that day! I've seen the top dusted a little before but nothing like that! Course we had to get a picture- (like everyone else that lives here :)
 
I also saw some people's pictures of snow in Mesa! We got enough hail for the kids to make small snowballs, but not snow. 

Anyway, we had so much fun! We got a few things at Forever 21. We can share a lot of clothes now which is really awesome :) Then Saturday was her horse-back ride and Saturday night her and Eli's birthday party! We love the "birthday week" in our family :)

And I love YOU Emma! You are sweet, thoughtful, funny, clever, interesting, creative, helpful and so much more! Keep up the great work being as wonderful as you are ALL through the teenage years K? 

Get ready for even more birthday fun. I have 2 more posts to come...

1 comment:

joyous said...

Happy Birthday Emma!!! Sounds like the fun just kept on rolling. :) I love that you take your kids out of school for lunch, that is just pretty dang fun! She is growing up so beautiful too.