Sunday, August 19, 2012

A Good Busy

Oh boy, school is already on the move as we start into our 3rd week tomorrow. Things are going great so far. I have 3 "Curriculum Night"s on one night this week and then we'll be officially off and running.
So, with school back in session, we've started up our new schedule. Some activities are continuing and others are new.

Emma is really liking Jr. High so far. It's a long day but she likes all her teachers and loves (or at least really likes) a few of them. She's taking a break from tennis. I'm not sure if she'll want to return to it later, but she's done for now. She's busy with school and mutual and babysitting. She also gave her first talk in Sacrament today! She was so adorable up there. She and 2 other girls, plus 2 leaders spoke on Girl's Camp. She wrote her talk herself and I thought it was superb.

Eli is still liking karate and I'm hoping that can be a sport he's in for a long while. I love the things they teach. He also started band and is playing the, do-do-do...trumpet. He's pretty excited about it so far :) I can't lie, I'm excited too- I love the kids gaining new skills.


Holly loves piano and gymnastics. She just got put in a new gymnastics class that's twice a week and a little more rigorous. She hasn't complained at all and seems to be up for the challenge. I'm so glad I finally got a few pictures of her doing her stuff!

I had to take them through the flexi-glass separating the parents from the kids so they aren't the greatest. But climbing the rope is her favorite thing so I'm so glad I got a picture of her up there.

It is a huge, busy gym with groups of kids working on different skills everywhere you look. It's really fun to be a part of.

Lastly, Sadie has been begging to be in dance for I don't know how long. We were so excited to find a class that her friend Charlotte is in. Since the first class she's been asking me all week when she gets to go back.



She's liking Kindergarten (but has told me a couple times that she almost cried because she misses me) and is always excited to show me her stamp after school which means she had good behavior.

I had to throw this picture in. She's so fun to take pictures of  with all her expressions :)

There's my happy girl!

So with all the "busy-ness" in our lives, I know the key is to keep it in perspective. If I'm always yelling at the kids to get out the door because we're late, the activities aren't so fun anymore- for anyone. My goal is to stay organized and focused on the kids and what's working for them. It can be a challenge to keep that balance with 4 of them going different directions, but I think our scheduled time is manageable if I can keep the Spirit with me and in our home.

3 comments:

Sally said...

All doing good things! Looks like lots of fun. Definitely a good busy!

Carrie said...

How fun for everyone! You're such a good blogger/journal keeper. The kids are going to love all these detailed entries when they get older :)

Kate said...

hi mommy i luv u soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much!ur the best mom in the entire world!i like your post
love' emma