When I was a new bride I knew I had found a great guy. Of course I had. I had prayed. I had thought about and listed qualities my husband "must have" for years. I had written letters to him in young women's telling him what color hair he had and how perfect he was, before I had ever gone on a date. Also, I hate to admit it, but I knew I was too smart to not pick an amazing man.
But time and experiences have given this not-so-new bride wisdom. Even though I did get an answer to my prayers, the fact of the matter is, no matter how long you date someone, or how well you think you can read people, or how strong your spiritual confirmation was, there is some amount of luck involved in your decision. You are taking a leap that no young adult (22 yr old in my case) can fully comprehend. You're trusting that person with your future. They could change on you or they could be withholding information from you. I've seen this happen to friends and family members.
So although I stressed and prayed and prayed and stressed and asked him a thousand questions and did everything I could to pick "the right guy", I'll admit to also just getting lucky or very blessed as well. And since I missed a Father's Day post this year and a 15 yr anniversary post (although I'm holding out hope for a belated celebration like last year), this is my "not taking my husband for granted post" :)
Here's a few things I appreciate:
We are his #1 priority. Always. Even the kids, who don't naturally appreciate things just as they are, know they also got very lucky in the dad area.
Father's Day breakfast
(Example: Eli wanted to make a boat a couple weeks ago, he looked on youtube and they made a boat together out of popsicle sticks).
When things break, he fixes them. He's watched countless do-it-yourself online tutorials and 95% of the time gets the job done.
This particular time was changing the rear brakes on our car. He even let Eli be his "helper".
He's so sweet and good to me. He doesn't complain about anything I do and I always feel overwhelming support and love.
He's recently rededicated himself to opening the car door for me which I don't need and haven't asked for, but it's pretty cute of him to go out of his way.
He tries his best to make me happy and he does a great job at it.
We laugh alot and I love being with him. I couldn't ask for a better best friend :)
Sometimes words just don't seem to cut it but ...I love you Dana :)
*please note: Dana appreciates this post but doesn't want you to get the idea that he's perfect.
So...I'm not saying he's perfect, but just kinda perfect for me. I guess our flaws line up well together :)






3 comments:
okay I absolutely LOVE that picture of you two! This post is so sweet and I just have to say that you two from the outside looking in, look perfect together!
This is very sweet. You guys are a very cute couple who have a very cute family. That alone accounts for a lot of happiness in life. :)
hi mom i love your post!i love u sooooooooooooooooooo much!
Post a Comment