We had to celebrate her birthday on the 15th this year because Emma and I were in California on her actual birthday. Luckily, she had no idea :) I took donuts to Emma's class and Sadie loved getting a birthday donut "with sprinkles" too.
And we had a little family party Valentines night.
She was really excited about her new "Tangled" color wonder book... and little Rapunzel doll.
She's still as peanuty as ever (just starting to wear a size 4), but to me, she's starting to look a little older. A few days before her birthday I had one of those parent moments when you look at your child and you notice a change. Maybe a little less roundness in their face or a new expression, but whatever it is, they look more grown-up and it makes your heart pound. It's a little sad, but overall, it makes me super happy. I think about the two scary moments when I thought we might lose her and I feel so much gratitude.
She loves preschool and is constantly asking me when Kindergarten starts (especially now that she's five), loves her friends, is really developing a cute sense of humor, favorite colors are green, pink, and "rainbow", loves anything girly, for the first time wants to try and stop sucking her thumb (since she's a "big girl now"), loves cheese (that's what she said for "favorite food"), getting really good at writing letters and starting to sound out short words, loves to sing, can be a little dramatic, and we LOVE her SOOOO much. Happy Birthday to our sweet Sadie :)
5 comments:
Happy Birthday to Sadie!! She is such a cutie! Wow, those 5 years seem to have flown by. I miss seeing her (and the rest of you guys) at church! Hope you are doing well!
I can't believe she is five either. I remember those scares during your pregnancy. She is a pretty amazing little girl and such a fun personality. Happy belated birthday to Sadie.
What a cute birthday girl!! Love the long pretty curls in her hair too. Looks like she had a fun birthday, donuts, presents and family. :)
What a cute birthday girl!! Love the long pretty curls in her hair too. Looks like she had a fun birthday, donuts, presents and family. :)
Happy birthday to Sadie! She's getting so big! Sounds like she loved her "un-birthday". So funny you pretended.
Post a Comment