Wednesday, February 29, 2012

The Boy Who Went to Bed "9" and Woke Up "10"

Since Eli was born in the middle of the night, I told him "I'll see you when your 10!", as I kissed him goodnight on his birthday-eve. He gave me a big smile. We have the best talks when I'm saying goodnight.

In the morning he walked through the streamers in his doorway and tried out his gluten-free "Fruity Pebbles" birthday cereal. I picked him up from school for lunch and he chose to go to BJ's. After he ate a whole pizza, they gave him a free gluten-free pizookie for his birthday and it was sooo, soooo good. (He let me share it with him:) I totally forgot the camera but I took one with my phone and sent it to Dana. Eli was so sweet at the restaurant. He kept hugging me and telling me it was his best birthday ever. I just can't believe he's in the double digits now! Didn't Emma JUST turn 10? Anyway, after lunch I walked him back to class and we passed out the cupcakes I brought in (yes they were GF too). I was kicking myself for not having the camera at this point because the class sang "Happy Birthday" to him and he stood up in front of everyone beaming.

His main gift was a fishing pole. He was so excited about it. Dana's been wanting to take Eli somewhere to fish for awhile so it worked out perfectly. My mom gave him the DK "Volcanos" book. He has read that alot. He especially likes the section about Pompeii (Miranda- are you near the area? Might be fun to visit). Oh and the kids always look forward to grandma and grandpa's card that comes in the mail, containing the same amount of money as their new age. So Eli still needs to figure out what he wants to buy with his $10.
Some things about our boy:
He's really into making up and telling jokes.
He's a really fast, good worker once he decides to go for it.
He loves watching tv- a little more than I'd prefer.
He's very imaginative and creative.
He loves to read/He loves stories.
He loves to bike, pogo-stick, and skateboard.
I think Emma's his favorite person.
He's super sweet, good boy and hates when people get hurt.
He makes me a better mom by stretching me outside my comfort zone. Usually due to his very outgoing, unafraid-of-anyone personality.

This last Monday we finally had the time to have cake and blow out candles. Emma joined in the fun because we never did for her either.

We LOVE you Eli!!!
(I caught these pictures of Sadie giving Eli a sneaky kiss a couple months ago. I can't blame her- I do the same thing all the time:)

So this concludes the annual party month of February! It was busy-- but successful!

4 comments:

joyous said...

So cute! I love that you take them out to lunch on their birthday. Such a fun treat for them. :) Happy Birthday Eli!

Kate said...

I don't know whats up with the font spacing in this post. If anyone has an idea, let me know :)

Sally said...

That last photo sequence of Sadie's kiss is so cute!

Mom said...

I love my family! Happy birthday Eli! Wish I could have been with you. But I'll see ya'next week.