Thursday, May 5, 2011

Small Sweetness

When Emma got home from "Annie" practice today Eli told her he had a surprise on her bed. He had written her this note and put his little treasure next to it.

When I walked past her room they were hugging. I quickly put my hand over my heart to keep it from bursting. At their ages I don't see this as much as I once did and it was just a sweet moment to remember. It's nice to know they do still love each other underneath all the annoyances and bickering. And since I'm a sentimental sap here's my favorite picture of them when they were babies- (which btw was like 5 minutes ago)

I love my kids :)

9 comments:

Chelsea Coon said...

Seriously soooo cute...your kids are ADORABLE katie!

kkerr said...

So cute Katie! What sweet, beautiful children you have!

joyous said...

So sweet!!! I love that! :)

Shannon said...

I love it when I overhear the sweet moments. Good call taking a picture of the note. What a great remembrance. :) And it's true: you have adorable, cute, sweet kids. I hope mine turn out as great as yours!

stacy said...

i had to catch my breath! i know this feeling and really...is there ever a better one? i think what makes it sweetest is that it's rare. :) i remember those little babies...so sweet!

Rhonda said...

What a great picture. I love when my kids play nice and are kind to each other. Really melts your heart. That would be my biggest wish for Mother's Day. Love and Peace!

LadyL said...

Ahhhh, sweet kids . . . and such a perfect "motherhood moment," just in time for Mothers Day!

Jill Ison said...

that is just kind of perfect.

Jamie said...

So sweet! Time does go by so quickly, doesn't it?