Monday, May 16, 2011

Little Orphan Emma

Way back in January 5th and 6th graders at our elementary school started working on the play "Annie Jr." The performance in May seemed so far off. But as life always goes, it came and went faster than you can say "I love you Miss Hannagin". Emma was so excited to get to be a part of this and had such a great time! They performed 4 times- 2 during school for the kids and 2 nights for the parents. I saw 3 out of the 4 and it was so fun to watch the kids get better and better and more confident. Emma played the part of "Duffy" the orphan.

Here's some of the actors before the show.
Emma had a few lines and a few singing parts.

And a little dancing. "Hard Knock Life" was my favorite part.
Also a little fighting. Doesn't she look scary? Pepper better start running for the hills.
Daddy Warbucks, Annie, and Grace Farrell. Annie was adorable and they all did an awesome job.
Group picture after the last show.
Miranda and Sally and Eter came out for the show which was such a treat! And don't forget baby James. We loved seeing Sally's cute belly :) Miranda's an expert on kids' plays and she gave it 2 thumbs up.
And local family support as well :)
Eli and Holly also saw 3 out of the 4 shows and were mesmerized. I'm pretty sure we'll be hearing all the songs for around our house for months to come.
Emma felt so loved. Thanks everyone!
Great job Emmy! "I love ya- tomorrow" (and forever)!

10 comments:

Sally said...

Such a cute orphan. It's so fun to see the kids getting bigger and doing new things! Thanks again for a great weekend there.
PS--My feet seemed to have calmed down some now that we're home. :)

Shannon said...

Oh my goodness that looks like SO much fun!!! Emma is adorable as an orphan. So great that all the family got to come and see the play. :)

joyous said...

Wow! So cute. Looks like a lot of fun. I love her siblings' faces while watching and YAY for family getting to come and see too!

Chelsea Coon said...

She looks adorable! I bet that was SO fun for you to go and watch!

Jill Ison said...

Natalie wanted us to all go see that! dang I wish we did too. looks like it was pretty good. How fun that alot of your family came to see her too.

Carrie said...

I love this! Looks like she had so much fun. Finally the real thing after having practiced for months. I'm so bummed we missed out on that weekend!

Natty B said...

Hi this is Jill posing as natalie :) can emma send me an invite to her blog? thanks, because I love her lots.

Natty B said...

oh yeah, my email is nattybrook@gmail.com

Kristy said...

That's awesome! Emma has got to be the cutes "orphan" and so special for her have so much family support!!! Way to go Emma :)

Christine said...

This looks so fun...wish we'd have known, we'd have come to see her...please let us know if there's another one k? Great job Emma!