Reason being- we've done soccer a time or two before. I watched Emma scamper around the ball half-heartedly kicking it in the right direction for 3 seasons. I knew perfectly well if she cared she could make the goal. But she didn't have that desire and no amount of sideline encouragement can bestow that (trust me I know).
Eli tried soccer twice and one time he did make a goal. The ball was kicked toward him, banked off his shin guard and rolled into the goal. That was actually pretty exciting!
But Holly has some drive. I admire her for it. It didn't come from me. Dana, being the athletic fellow he is, was a great little soccer player. I visualize myself as a kid on that field running along-side the other girls but hoping I don't get kicked by someone or hit by the ball. Thats why I love this picture :)
She was pretty excited too.
And best of all, Gram was there to watch her play.

She was pretty excited too.
And best of all, Gram was there to watch her play.
Look out people or I might be bringing a Vuvuzela to the next game :)
4 comments:
Go Holly!!! I know, I was totally the kid that was like, please don't let the ball come to me. Sad. I hope my kids aren't totally like that, but Eter's admittedly not much of an athlete either. He did play street soccer a lot as a kid, so maybe if we catch little James early enough.
I love Holly being feisty here, and her tongue sticking out.
So fun!!! Cute pictures too, good job Mom! Soccer is a tricky sport because it is in-your-face aggressive. Some kids like that and some don't. Fun to see Holly have a good time though.
Fun!! I love how soccer is a sport that every kid has tried at least one season. I was the little girl who begged with my best friend to be the Defenders so we can just stand in front of the goalie and just do dances and throughout the whole game. I guess soccer wasn't my thing :) Sounds like Holly found her sport!
Cute little Holly. Way to go! Anna is doing her second season of soccer. I had her do it again because her cleats still fit. She says she likes it, but she's not very agreesive. We'll see how the games go. They have another week of practice before their first game.
Post a Comment