To beat the crowds, we took a quick California trip last weekend to redeem our "Give a Day" Disneyland vouchers. We left early Saturday and went to the beach the second half of the day. We didn't tell the kids until it was time to start packing. They were in seven heaven.
We went to "Corona Del Mar" and showed the kids where Dana and I met. Being there always feels special to me. This is Sadie running from the waves. I couldn't even get her to touch them.
So we played up on the sand.
While others much prefer the water.
Emma made friends with a boy about her age named Sage, which is funny because one of her best friends at school is Sage. I am in awe of this girl frequently. I love that she isn't weird about boys yet and the ability she's always had to make friends where ever we are.
She's running around looking for sandcrabs to put in the big hole.
Holly was her helper/sidekick.
As usual.
We did a lot of burying.




We stayed as long as we could, walked back up the big hill to save the $15 parking fee and headed home to grandma's. If this doesn't look like a successful day at the beach, I don't know what does.
Next stop- Disneyland :)
3 comments:
Fab-U-lous!!! What a great day. You guys sure know how to have fun. Can't wait to see the D-land pics too.
I love the post-beach nap. That 35 minutes is ideal. I have been craving the beach all week! I'm not sure if these pictures make me feel better or worse. Sigh...
Yey! I've been wanting to see pics of your trip.
Yeah, we pretty much love the beach. Sometimes we just look at each other and say, "Beach?" and then 15 min later we are there. True story.
Post a Comment