Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Raindrops Keep Fallin' on My Head

It seems like winter has had an extra long run this year. We've had so much rain that Dana heard the water co. had to let some water out of the reservoir and into the Salt River. It has been nice to have the sprinklers off for months. And our backyard plants are blooming even if it doesn't feel very Springy.
I guess most of the country has been feeling the craziness of the "El Nino" year or whatever, but I think I've seen hail 5 times in my whole life and 3 of those have been this winter.
The kids get a little bit excited about it.

Last week we had some nice temps and the kids, who beg for swimsuits and the hose the second they feel the warmth of the sun on their skin, FINALLY got to go out and play.
Then back to hail and winds yesterday.
My little peach tree my mom gave me for my birthday last year. I'm thinking it may be a few years before it produces anything, but it sure is pretty!
Signs of next years' citrus.
Dana also made a little border for me to plant a few things for a summer garden this year. I can't wait! Tomatoes, zucchini, and cantaloupe are what I'm planning right now. Does anyone know what else is good to plant in AZ right now?

4 comments:

Shannon said...

Ooh it's all so pretty and green. I miss green. Sigh. We have been having decent weather lately, but it's still too cold for flip flops. Your street looks so pretty all wet from rain. How fun to have fruit trees too! Good luck with your garden!

Jill Ison said...

I am so ready for the warm weather! love that you have a little garden going. We have tomatoes and peas and lettuce that are all doing well, i think i would like to try some squash! my kids were loving the hail.

Miranda said...

I didn't know peach trees had pretty flowers.

Kate said...

hey mom I like the pictures you took they`re so pretty! (: love,emm@