Thursday, March 4, 2010

Big Birthday

My one and only baby boy...
Just turned 8! Which, as you know, is a really BIG birthday when you're LDS. I've been waiting to do his post until we got his Cub Scout uniform and I could take some pictures of him in it.
I am absolutely convinced that a cuter Cubscouter there never was. He's been to 2 den meetings and loves wearing his uniform.
This was his first, very cool pose. I had to coax the regular smiles out of him.
Umm, I love this boy. He melts my heart on a daily basis. He adds so much to our family. He's thoughtful, sweeter than possible at times, loving, almost always willing to help, and has become an AWESOME room cleaner recently. He's a happy kid and I think his favorite thing in the world is to make people laugh. I constantly thank Heavenly Father for sending us Eli (as I do each of our children) and that I can be the best mom I can be for him.
Next stop baptism: March 13th :) He can hardly wait.

8 comments:

Shannon said...

He is the cutest cubscouter. Weston saw me looking at this post and said "I want a uniform like that!" Someday. Hope all goes well with his baptism too!

Jamie said...

Hey, Katie! Just stopping by to catch up on your blog. Your family is so cute!

Miranda said...

I love that boy. I've loved watching him grow up and retain his natural sweetness.
What a handsome kid.

kkerr said...

Cute, sweet Eli. Happy Birthday and Happy Baptism Eli! I think that first picture may have been taken with my camera. I made it into your blog!

Sally said...

With Krisanne's camera on my legs. I recognize my weird thumbs anywhere.

Jill Ison said...

i love his upbeat personality. he is pretty darn cute in that cub scout uniform!!

Jeff Giles said...

E-Pie Happy Birthday! Sorry I didn't call I think we were in Costa Rica still. Been very busy since we got back. Anyway he's such a fun kid. Very imaginative, funny and cheerful.

Kate said...

Krisanne- thanks for having a better camara than I did way back when Eli was a baby- the quality of this picture stands out from 95%of his other ones. And Sal- thanks for providing the lap :)