I should probably start out by saying that there are just way too many pictures on this post. But my little sister got married this weekend. I have been praying for this day for some time. AND she asked me to be assistant photographer. Or was it assistant to the photographer? I can't remember. It was
mainly, I think, back-up in case the photographer didn't get any good shots or somehow erased all the pictures by mistake. But whatever it was, it was fun. I truly enjoyed it, and felt
privileged trying to capture a few of her special moments.

Are her flowers the most beautiful you've ever seen? I loved the colors they chose.

When they came out of the temple, and especially during the sealing, they were both just glowing. I think this day was extra sweet for them because they've had to wait awhile to find each other.

The darling couple- married at last!

The beautiful bride.

They happen to be doing a little construction on the temple right now due to all the rain they've had (they've had some leaking) but that would be quite easy to photoshop out of there (sounds like a job for the other photographer).

The flower girls in their
pettiskirts. I
didn't get very many pictures of them because they were having so much fun running around.


Amy and Campbell.

The proud mothers.

I think this is my favorite.

The very awesome reception venue at Balboa Park.

Sal, just so you know, the
real photographer's helper saw me taking pictures of the tables and then starting taking some of her own. So mine are the originals. FYI

Cutting the cake.

"Gram" twirling Holly.

Delicioso.

I don't know too much about photography but enough to know that it's trickier with less light. If you turn on your flash, the pictures lose all their coolness. I took 3 of these and then went to get a chair so I could be as still as possible (so it wouldn't be blurry) but then the happy couple was off somewhere else. I remember my reception very well and know that, that's just how receptions go, but I was just sad I couldn't try to get a better one.
C'est la vie! Hopefully the
actual photographer got a better one.

Also hard to capture without blurriness.

Me and mi
hermanita muy
bonita.
Of course, throughout the day, I couldn't stop thinking about this guy and our special day almost 13 years ago now and how blessed I am to have him. He took on most of the kid watching so I could take pictures without a complaint.

First dance.

The super happy honeymooners!

And the will-be-married-sometime-
sooners :)

On their way out.

Sadie was pretty tired and grumpy the whole day and finally gave up at the end.

Welcome to our family
Eter! Not only a handsome groom but an amazing person!

What a wonderful, blessed day!
11 comments:
You've got talent girl!! Great pictures! When I get back I want you to show me what camera you have and what to get. fun moments you captured!!
Oh thank you thank you for posting all those pictures! I love it! Sally was such a beautiful bride. I loved her dress and definitely the flowers. Wow. I'll have to hear more about it from my mom this week. Happy times for the Giles family!
you did such a great job!! it looks like such a great wedding! so happy for you and you family...it must be fun gaining all of these new family members. :)
Fabulous!!! I heard the play-by-play from my mom and couldn't wait to see some pictures of the happy day! You did a great job, what fun. Sally looked beautiful and her dress was lovely. I also really loved your mom's dress/suit. That color was amazing. What fun events for your family!!!
Wow! She's gorgeous! I'm so happy for her! And the pictures look great, Katie!
You got such great pictures! It was so good to see you. Love you guys!
Hey Katie,
Truly, your pictures are amazing. That cake is really gorgeous. And Sally looks happy and beautiful. I bet your kids had a grand time. I loved all the pictures.
Good job Sis. It was a beautiful day.
Man, I sure have some nice friends and family! Thanks guys :) It was a special day indeed.
Kate! You are an excellent photographer! I am so jealous of your camera and of your EYE for beautiful pictures. I chuckled out loud about being 'assistant photographer' or 'assistant to the photographer'. LOVE IT!
ahhh i love those flowers too! ranunculus aren't they? yep i love those! looks like lovelyness from start to finish. pretty pics. kudos for experimenting with low light.
Post a Comment