Monday, February 22, 2010

Polar Ice Party

Emma's birthday landed on a half day this year so we thought it would be a perfect party day. Once again, she and Eli had a combined party. Year before last they had a Build-A-Bear party. Luckily, we came up with another good boy-girl party idea: Ice skating! It's like both of their favorite thing so it worked out great. First we met here after school and had cupcakes and opened gifts.

Here are the picture perfect girls patiently waiting.
And the very cute...
and a bit more crazy boys :)
It was an extra special treat for Eli to have his best friend Zach who moved to Tucson come for the party too!
We took turns singing to each of them and then they blew out their number candle. Then they both blew out the long candles together.



Then we headed over for ice skating. I was hoping since not everyone has a half day, that we wouldn't have too much of a crowd. I was so happy when we pulled up that there weren't a lot of cars there. AND we got a group rate because had so many people!
Sadie's first time ice skating.

Dana being the awesome dad he is, braved the ice with two tippy little girls in toe.

Holly eventually got a little braver and tried it on her own. It helped that her friend Ellie (Zach's little sister) wanted to skate with her.

Eli and Zach- so cute!

Everything turned out great. The kids had fun and it was the least stressful party we've ever had!
It made me think about how grateful I am for good friends. What an invaluable treasure in life.

5 comments:

joyous said...

Totally awesome!!! I want a skating party too! I love that you sang happy birthday to each of them separate. It's so important, but I would probably just sing to both at once b/c I'm lazy like that. Sounds like the timing was perfect too with the half day of school. Go Mom!!!

Shannon said...

Ooh fun! We were just watching the ice dancing from the Olympics tonight and Weston said "I want to do that." We really should give him a shot. Not that I think he will like it, but hey. Looks like a super fun party with lots of fun friends! You really have the cutest kids. Happy Birthday Eli and Emma!

XO, Jennifer Kiddle said...

How fun Ü It looks like everyone wins when someone has a Bday Ü

kkerr said...

Fun party, and low stess. Perfect! It looks like everyone had a good time.

Ashby said...

Look at all those birthdays you guys have in February! How fun!