Sadie waiting patiently for some breakfast.
So much yummy food! Including "Honey and Spice" pancakes (Emma's favorite), buttermilk syrup(everyone's favorite), Cuties, strawberries, blueberry bagels, scrambled eggs...who's hungry???
my 4 sweet little Valentines.
I love when they open their cards and read our love notes to them. I got 3 of my own back this year from Emma, Eli, and Holly. They were just so sweet! Sadie was transfixed by the candy sitting next to her plate during breakfast. She knew she couldn't have it until she was done, but every now and then she'd pick it up and look at it. She couldn't wait to eat her "chaukit howt".
Then finally when the moment arrived and I said she could have it, I made a big mistake. After I opened it I broke a piece off in a mommy-like act of hoping that she wouldn't eat the whole thing. It was a very non-Valentinzy thing to do. And she did not like that one bit. For the next 5 minutes she sobbed "YOU.....BROKE.....MY....HEART......YOU....BROKE.....MY......HEART."
It was super sad. But then slowly she was lured back to her treat.
And her sorrows were dissipated in the chokit and peanut butter.
And life was good again. Did you know that one of them has 342 calories? Yikes!
After Dana got home and the kids cleaned their rooms we decided to take a walk across the street to the lake and the silos to get an up close look. Plus I've been wanting to take some pictures in front of them for awhile.
Sadie took her card with her everywhere that day and wanted to me to read it to her over and over again.
Not the easiest picture to take :)
Then we went to the park that's right there.
We had a fun time and the weather was perfect as can be. Finally up to 75 again :)
I accidentally caught Emma jumping off the swing.
My wonderful Valentine and I.
TLA
4 comments:
What a fun Valentine's celebration! I think Sadie sobbing that you broke her heart is hilarious. Sigh. Life's hard when you're a toddler. :) Also, I think Emma's swing jump wins "most graceful." What a lucky shot.
You have the sweetest family! I love the picture of you and Dana at the end!
I can't believe you broke your baby's heart! Ha ha ha ha!
Cute pictures! It looks like you had a great Valentine's day. We're excited to see you in March!
Post a Comment