Saturday we spent most of the day putting up the tree and decorating for Christmas. Dana and I love how bright and pretty the house looks this time of year. And we love our fake tree even though it's well....fake because it saves us time and money every year. And both are a little scarce around here in December.

With all those pretty lights already there for you to just plug-in, you gotta love it. I do miss that tree smell though.

I love watching the kids find their favorite ornaments- the ones that belong to them, and hang them up. I love the way they each have special memories attached.

I loved watching Sadie concentrating so hard and putting those small motor skills to use.

And I love listening to Christmas music as we go.

Dana's mom has a tradition of giving the kids a new ornament each year. She started this when her own kids were little and when we got married we inherited all of Dana's childhood picks. They give our tree extra character. Here's a couple, then a few of the kids' favorites.
3 comments:
that picture of sadie is really pretty. i was just noticing how pretty the wet trees and stuff were this morning driving the kids to school! So weird that you took a picture of it because i was just thinking it would be the perfect picture! its like were on the same page or something :)
Wow. I never noticed Sadie's resemblance to Cindy Brady, but it's definitely there. She is so cute! I also love how you decorate your tree. That's how we always did it growing up. My kids are still kind of young to really help, but this year Weston would have liked to do more I think. Anyway, it all looks very Christmasy and fun. I am jealous that you have rain. I am not pleased with all the snow we are dealing with right now.
I nominate Sadie for the best Cindy Lou Who, who was not more than 2, that I have ever seen. Can you please put her hair up in a really high ponytail in the back. Look at the book or movie (not Jim Carey) and compare!
Eter was just saying yesterday how Sadie's getting prettier and prettier.
And your house looks so festive!
It's raining here, too, and I LOVE it.
Post a Comment