Wednesday, December 16, 2009

And Now For an Update...

Things are moving along in my pregnancy and I find myself caught somewhere between feeling sooooo extremely grateful I'm not near as sick as I have been in the past (especially the first 2) and being plain sick and tired (literally) of feeling BLAH all the time. I've been able to steer clear of the toilet so far, which is so wonderful, but I'm constantly eating to try and combat the nausea. So I'm starting to "show" but in a bad way and not a cute baby way. I think I'm almost 10 weeks so we're getting there- slowly but surely.
So now that you know how my baby times are going- on to the smaller and cuter people in the house.

Here's a question for you...why oh why do teachers give the kids projects due in December? Like there's not enough going on every minute of the day this month? I can barely muster the willpower to get up out of my cozy bed to make their lunches before school in the morning. I think I'm more ready for Christmas Break than they are.

Emma and I did this together at the beginning of the month. It's a Navajo dwelling in case you couldn't tell from the photo.
Holly had her winter dance recital on Monday night. She loves dance class and did a great job. Sadie is so excited for her turn. Every Monday as Holly gets ready for class she also has to put on a leotard and ballet slippers. Then as Holly gets out of the car Sadie says "Bye mom?"...Then I try to let her down easy with a smile and a "not this time punkin." I can't wait to watch her excitement when it's her turn next fall.
A friend a few streets away in my neighborhood converted her garage into a dance studio.
It was a casual performance- they'll do a bigger one on a stage in May.
The girls all looked like they were having a lot of fun.

The class picture.
Little sweet-pea :)
On Tuesday I got to go on a field trip to see "Frosty the Snowman" with this sweet little boy. I feel blessed everytime I get some one-on-one time with the kids. While we were on the bus getting ready to drive to the theater Eli asked me if it was reminding me of "going on a date a with dad." (I had told him earlier Dana took me to the place we were going a couple years ago). I thought that was the sweetest thing ever as I sat there on that loud, crazy, and fairly smelly bus. I looked at those sweet, brown eyes and said it definitely did. We were dressed up, we were going to see a play, and I was with someone I loved. He was happy with my answer and I saw a satisfied smile in his reflection in the window.
After the play the kids got to meet, and get autographs from, the cast. Of course we had to get a picture with Frosty himself. I would describe the play as "VERY kid-friendly".

4 comments:

Rhonda said...

Holly looks like she is having a great time dancing. Those skirts Sheri had were so cute. Did you go to the Broadway Palm for the play? I've been wanting to go to that place. Oh, did I tell you that Holly has a major project due for preschool tomorrow? Just throw together an elaborate gingerbread house if you don't mind...ha ha ha..

Shannon said...

I'm so glad that you are feeling ok. Obviously not great, but ok. Your kids are so adorable. I love the dance recital. Great purple tutu! Eli sounds like such a sweet kid. I always tell Weston we are going on a date if it's just the two of us. He always looks all proud of that. :) Hope you guys have a very Merry Christmas!

Miranda said...

Judging by the costume and your description, I'm going to guess "VERY kid-friendly" is code for 'VERY stupid.' I hate Dumb kids shows. Too bad your kids couldn't see my Christmas Carol, it was pretty cool, if I do say so myself.
I'm glad you are still alive, although I know that 'not throwing-up' isn't a ringing endorsement of how you are feeling, because I know how much you hate to throw-up.
Anyway, Love you. See you soon.

XO, Jennifer Kiddle said...

YAY ... I am sooooo Happy to have your Blog info. You have a BEAUTIFUL family and I love your Blog ! :)