This transition is a big one. The first night you hope and pray they stay put and do not come out 5 times before you finally convince them to go to sleep- or possibly even give up and plunk them back in the crib and listen to them cry themselves to sleep saying "big girl bed!" over and over. This is the scene that played out in my mind, but after just a little bit of talking in bed, (and in part because she missed her nap yesterday) she was out until about 4:30. At this point, I heard her calling my name (which is "mom" and must be yelled and/or whined btw) out in the living room. Then she did get put her in her crib, but without the "plunk", and she was luckily fine with it. Anyway, another reminder that, although no bigger than a mite, Sadie is no longer a baby.
Eli is also excited to have a roommate. We've heard ever increasing complaints about how Emma and Holly get to share and have more fun. And we hear frequent complaints from Emma about how it's not fair that she has to share because Holly always messes up her room.
So nothing coordinates but I'm not worried about it. I have a feeling we'll be switching things up more than once in the future.
3 comments:
So fun! That is a big step for your baby. :)
Yay for a big girl bed! Weston was very excited for his toddler bed too and I was grateful for that. I think it's hilarious that Eli was excited for a roomie because he thinks his sisters have more fun. If he only knew . . . ;)
What a big girl! She is so cute. I'm glad Eli will have a roomate now. Julia climbed/fell out of her crib a couple of weeks ago and sent me into a panic. I don't know what I'll do when I can't contain her. I guess that day will have to come.
Post a Comment