With our 2 big kids spending much of their day at school again, I get lots of time with these little girls. The photo above is Sadie's "cheese" face. I love it!The older Sadie gets, the more she watches what her big sisters and brother do. She models her behavior after them. Dana and I teach her a ton, but they show her the ways kids act. Because she spends so much time with Holly, I've really noticed her take in everything Holly does and I know there is much more to come.
It pretty much BUGS that this picture is blurry but it shows just what I'm talking about. I asked them to do something for the photo and right away Sadie looked at Holly for guidance. There's something very sweet about this whole process to me. I very much felt like this about my big sister when I was little. I still feel much the same today. I cherish her opinion. I also look up to and admire my younger siblings, who have all turned out be wonderfully outstanding.
I can only hope the same future for these little girls....for all 4. I hope that, along with some things I wish she wouldn't learn from them (i.e. telling me "ooo mean mama"), will be feelings of helping and caring and belonging and happiness and acceptance. That when they're grown and their childhood squabbles are behind them, they will see their best friends around them. That they'll be blessed the same way I have been. :)


7 comments:
Those are such sweet pictures. Sisters really are the best. I have the same hopes for my kids . . . that they will be close and love and respect each other. I'm sure you are doing such a wonderful job raising your kids that they will be just at fabulous as you are. They're so adorable too!
Amen! I just love having my sisters close by!
I meant to tell you yesterday how adorable that outfit is that Holly has on. Those are two very cute and sweet little girls. I couldn't agree more. Seeing your kids bond is the BEST. Julia has been missing Emily terribly in the afternoons when she comes home and Emily is still at school. It makes their time together even more precious.
I love the last picture of your girls hugging! It is the SWEETEST! It also makes me sad for Summer, not having a sister!
I love sisters! And I'm glad you think the copying is cuter now than you did when I did it to you...
I miss these girls!!
Haha Sal- I thought of the same thing and almost wrote something about that. Sorry I was a stinky big sister! If you were to copy me now, it'd be nothing but a huge compliment!
Ahhh, I guess I don't blog enough! I just saw this, Thanks! I feel the same I treasure our friendship and am sooo glad we are close. That is one of my favorites of being a Mom,seeing those realtionships with my children also. We have been REALLY blessed with good siblings. I Love each of them like that.
Post a Comment