#1- She was born with smarter genes than I was. Completely out of my control.
#2- She is in the process of getting her PhD, during which time I've been dumbed down by 4 pregnancies and conversing with those 4 little kids all day long.
Right? I just wanted point out that even though sisters are marred by comparisons from birth, they maybe unjustified in this case.
Anyhow, ever since I read that little gem, it's got me thinking about my own beloveds super-hero"isms". And since he's not at all lacking in that department (although is without any birthmarks of note), I thought I might point a few of my favorites out.
For starters, lets just throw out the fact that he's about to run his 4TH marathon next weekend. His time last year was 3 hrs 48 mins. This just astounds me. And on the same note he can bust out a 10 mile "practice run" like it's a jaunt around the block. I've never seen anyone so dedicated. I'm so glad because eventually when we have no little ones to care for, I know I can count on him dragging me to the gym with him.
He is great at entertaining everyone around him with little tricky moves he's got down. Spinning books on one finger, magic tricks, hackey sack, you name it, he's probably good at it. I will eternally feel uncoordinated around him. He won a 70's dance contest when we were dating as I looked on in awe. He danced on American Bandstand at 14. He has dreams sometimes that he's in a boy-band (no lie) and I die laughing when he tells me about them. He used to walk on his hands when we were dating too- to impress me I think. And it kinda worked.
This may be diverting a little from the theme of the post but I can't leave it out. He's got serious dad skillz. He really plays with them (something that I'm not always awesome at) and is always trying his best. They are all over-the-moon for their daddy.
I tell him frequently that he was born under a lucky star. He always wins drawings. I've been waiting for his lucky streak to run out but it never seems to. On the other hand I do sometimes win if they draw until everybody wins something and then I'm the last name or second til. It's nuts. But I'm not complaining. Oftentimes I'm the beneficiary of his winnings.
Actually...I know I am a very lucky girl. I get to be married to him in all his awe-inspiring glory and truly love him more and more with each passing year.
Good luck on your race honey! You'll knock my socks off. You always do...
5 comments:
If Sally got the smart Genes, Amy got the style genes, and you go the skinny genes. What does that leave me with?
Poor spelling genes, I guess.
Dana is an A+ hero in my book. (click click)
how bout the comedic genes, or the just plain awesome genes?
You guys all have the awesome genes! Dana seems like such a great guy and wonderful husband. That's awesome that he does marathons. Not me, for sure. Hooray for all the superheroes in our lives!
Randa got the perfect child genes, remember? Not to mention the performer, singing, and best-aunt (I reservedly admit this) genes.
Wow Dana is amazing! Im lucky if i make a 12 minute mile. Can't quite get over the pain flowing thru my body when I run! I guess I've never stuck it out long enough. I love reading your post. I was just thinking you are a talented writer! Wish i got those genes! No such luck!
Post a Comment