Monday, January 11, 2016

August Highlights


August got rolling and we got used to a schedule once again. I'm always seeking that balance between having the kids' lives enriched with classes/lessons/activities they'll learn and grow from, and not over-scheduling to where we're TOO busy and stressed out. Honestly I feel like we're always leaning toward the "too busy" side, but with 4 kids it's really easy to do even if they only have one extracurricular each- especially when you add in the automatic church activities. But this year I feel like we're pretty balanced.

Right off the bat I loved Sadie's teacher this year. A much better fit than last year. It brought tears to my eyes to see this after the first week... :)

There isn't much better in life than a great teacher!

 Eli got his long-awaited (mostly by me) braces!

We had been waiting for some late baby teeth to come out.

 Holly's mouth realized her front teeth had grown in and promptly moved on to the next section.


As usual, the stake put on an awesome Stake Activity Day.


And last but not least, we enjoyed the end of monsoon season. It never ceases to amaze how much water can come from the sky in such a short time.


Loved this Sunny rain!




No comments: