Sunday, October 6, 2013

The "Sub"

Like everyone, I wear a lot of "hats". Mother (first and foremost), cook (kisses accepted), driver ("carpool"- one of my favorite words), cleaning lady (making tips doing laundry- one pair of jeans at a time), chorister (you better sing along because you don't want to hear my solos), and now....Substitute Teacher!

After a couple of months gathering the necessary items I needed to become certified (and some waiting for those items to come in the mail), Wednesday I met with the district lady in charge of all subs. I turned in my paperwork. I filled out more paperwork for about half an hour. I asked her how long it would take for me to get calls from the automated system. She said she'd get me in the system that morning. By 4:15 that afternoon, I had a job later this month at the Jr. High, and a job at the high school for the next morning! I was very nervous Thursday morning but also excited to try something new. My kids were so sweet and almost as excited as I was!



Everything went great. I'm mostly hoping to be at my kids' school so they can just come to my room after school's out which is super convenient. And according to my substituting friend- they are in need of subs at our elementary school so I think it will be a great win-win. I'm excited for my new adventure!

2 comments:

joyous said...

Wow! That sounds pretty great. I'm glad your first day went well and hopefully you'll get lots of sub jobs at your kids school in the future!!

Unknown said...

how fun! Good luck