Thursday, October 17, 2013

Holly's Pretty Pink Dress

When Holly was two I bought Emma a pink size 8 dress on Ebay. Before I could stop it from happening, Holly's little heart became quite fond of this dress. It was so big on her it would only stay on if she had clothes underneath and even then she had to hold it up so she didn't trip on it. But she loved it and pretty soon it was in the dress-up box rather than the closet. I relented because as far as I can recall Emma didn't really care for it anyway. And a little someone else put it on everyday.

As a testament to how much she liked it, I happened to take pictures of her wearing it on her 3rd and 4th birthdays. At that point I thought how cute it would be to take a picture of her wearing it every year on her birthday. I didn't really have an end date in mind but she hasn't wanted to take the traditional "pink dress" picture the past couple years (Notice how the year the 8 yr old picture is missing), and it now fits her, so I decided this was the final year.

It took me awhile to put the collage together, but it sure is cute!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

That is too cute! Crazy how fast these kids grow!

Carrie said...

I love that you thought to keep doing this every year! So cute.

Sally said...

Why stop? I think you should keep going for humor's sake!