Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Post-August Wrap-Up

Oh yeah! It's September!! It doesn't feel like it yet, but summer is going to be ending. Our formidable desert sun will soon be rendered powerless by the Earth's annual trip around it. It's a happy thing and makes me smile whenever I remember what month it is now.

We have been keeping ourselves busy since school resumed. We're back to our schedules. Sometimes it feels a little over-scheduled and then I wonder if we should cut back on activities. But then when I think of cutting this or that, I think of how such-and-such child is benefiting from it, and I just can't. So we soldier on. And we REALLY enjoy little breaks like yesterday. We went to Dana's cousin Amy's for a pool party. It was nice and relaxing. And we also worked on re-vamping our laundry room. But that'll be a future post.
I hope you had a nice Labor Day as well.

Here are a few little pictures to wrap up August since I haven't been the greatest blogger ever:

After checking the mail each day to see if the beach camping park rangers had sent him $40 yet, Eli received this in the mail-


He was a very happy "camper":) What a wonderful Ranger! I have to admit, he actually did not want to turn in the money. It was kind of a forced thing. But once he did, he felt good about it and I'm happy that it worked out in the end. Hopefully it taught him a lesson on choosing the right.

 Emma had a "P" (Personal Progress) party for mutual and had to wear as many things that start with "P"as she could, and bring something starting with P"". Yay for "P"istachios!
 

Our two little girls are always the last ones done at Sunday dinner. They tend to quit early (when everyone else is done) to start playing with their cousins and have to be shewed back into the kitchen to finish.


It's fun to have Miranda here for those Sunday dinners:)
 

Sadie seems to be finally discovering the joy of reading.

She tends to drag her feet a little when it comes to school stuff and here are the reasons I think she does:

  • Older siblings whining and complaining about homework
  • Being the 4th, I haven't been as good about making reading a priority
  • The girl likes to play and have fun
  • It may not come quite as naturally as it did with our other 3
I'm making it a priority now. I love books and it's very important to me that my kids develop a love of reading. I want to see lots more smiles like this! Overall, first grade is great so far.
As well as 3rd, 6th, and 8th. In fact Emma is liking 8th much better than 7th. She didn't even realize how much she disliked last year until she was in 8th :).

1 comment:

elizabeth said...

Loved the letter from the park Ranger!! Go Eli. . . being honest pays . . . Literally! My fourth child also wasn't as keen in reading. . .I blame that Quinn Green that she always wanted to play with instead of reading ;-). But she likes to read now, so all is well!! Hope you had a fun summer and your fall goes along without a hitch! These are just busy times with a family. No getting around it!!