
As we were watching Emma the first week, I had the little girls with me and Holly was watching the divers. She said she'd love to try diving sometime. "Hmmm..." I thought. Then I told her she put a bug in my head. Gymnastics and diving go together pretty well...
And since piano, gymnastics, activity days, homework, and chores aren't enough for an 8 yr old, I thought I better add one more thing to her life. I love spending time in the car all afternoon I guess. Actually, the thing that I kept thinking was- "It's only for a month." It did make things a little crazier but I'm glad she got the experience. She'd been on a few diving boards but had never tried anything but jumping in and the random front dive. Now she can do a front flip and a back dive. This is her on the first day knocking a front dive right out of the water. Or into it :). I was impressed since I've always felt fairly incompetent at any water sports.

Backdive

At the end of the session they had a little meet. It was just their class with their coaches judging.


She had a fun time. And who doesn't like getting ribbons?

As the youngest, Sadie does her fair share of watching and waiting for her siblings and is usually pretty good at going with the flow.

But- she's gets REALLY excited when it's her turn for stuff too though :) We're almost done with the first session of swimming lessons and I'm feeling alot more confident than last year that she'll be ready for swim team this year. Today she swam across the pool 3 times!!! Go Sadie-Boo!


Good thing we love the water so much since this week is up to the hundreds already! Or maybe it's vice versa. The water helps save us from the heat:) So, in turn, we love it.
We are truly getting excited for summer around here though!
No comments:
Post a Comment