Monday, July 16, 2012

It's Raining, It's Pouring!

Saturday we went to Costco. We had just stepped inside when the sky opened up and it started pouring. While we were shopping I thought I could hear it on the roof but when we were leaving (or trying to leave) we were blown away. Literally. It was like a hurricane! There was a huge crowd at the exit- all of us trying to figure out what to do. Dana went and got the car for us but just running a few feet to it, I was drenched. Dana may as well have jumped in a pool.
Monsoons are just crazy!
This is the drain in the parking lot trying to keep up. It looked like a sinkhole.


We saw way too many trees broken or uprooted.

Streets were flooded everywhere. Not a good time to drive a low rider.

When we got the home the kids saw our playground fields and immediately started begging to go play in them.

I gave the mom sigh and said ok. Then, of course, I was glad I did because they had so much fun:)



Thank you Monsoon for the free, super fun Saturday! And for giving us temps in the 70's in July!

These are the types of memories that kids never forget.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

That is quite the lake! I had no idea you guys got that kind of rain. Glad that your house wasn't flooded at all in the downpour. :) And yes, times like those are definitely what memories are made of.

Jill Ison said...

definitely the raddest day of the week.

Rhonda said...

These have been some awesome monsoons this July. Kids look like they had a blast.