Monday, July 9, 2012

More Fun For the 4TH

Does it get any better than going to Utah for the 4th? I think it'd be hard to find a better place to celebrate. We were all SUPER excited.

We'd heard about the fires but were surprised to see the evidence of them right off the 15 on our way up! How'd you like to be this homeowner? Pretty scary...

And then we drove past an actual fire! The kids were glued to the windows.

We had so much fun in Utah this year. I think it was my favorite year so far.

We went to an area that someone they know owns and there was alot of fun things to do there.
First we climbed down to a little pond that has a little waterfall going to it (so the water wasn't gross stagnant water). Right when we got to it Eli was begging me to let him swim in it. Nevermind that it's from the melted snow and freezing cold!
But really, how could I refuse?
Then once the girls watched Eli do it, they wanted to too. I made them strip down so they'd have dry clothes to put on afterward.
It was really pretty and the kids had a great time.


Next we had a little lunch.

Then we headed over to a big swing.


Holly was really nervous, but I think it might had been her favorite thing of all, in the end.
I love this one!


Sadie on the other hand was happy playing with a butterfly net.
And hanging out with her cousins :)

There was also a zip-line that all the older kids had a great time on.

That night we hit the drive-in and saw "Madagascar 3". I laughed several times but had a hard time following the plot. The part where King Julian was in love with a bear was creepy. Plus, drive-in's can be very distracting.

The boys played hackey-sack before it started and past the time they actually had enough light to see the hackey-sack.


Holly was so cute about making games up and playing with the little girls so much of the time we were up there.

On the 4th- Dana and Emma and a bunch of others got up early and did the "Turkey Trot". This is a confusing name for a run in July but we go with the flow. There are many turkeys there apparently.
Next we were off to the parade.
And I took family pictures...Someone else took ours :)
Here's the whole group:

Then of course we went to the always-better-than-expected fireworks show that night. The 5th we drove home the whole day. We were happy to see Utah getting some needed rain as we left :)
At home, we found a welcome party of a dog, cat, and fish that all seemed happy to see us. In varying degrees:)
 Happy Birthday America!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Super fun 4th of July trip! I love all the fun mountainy things you got to do. And it's always great spending a holiday with family.