Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Spotlight #3

Remember way back I started spotlighting the kids? Yeah I almost forgot too. I thought I better continue so the little 2 don't feel jipped later :)

Here's a few things about Holly:

  • She's my favorite child to wake up in the morning. She wakes up with a smile on her face about 90% of the time. It's a very endearing quality when I have to drag the others out of bed to get ready for school. 
  • She's a great little artist. I was the co-art masterpiece teacher (which I really enjoyed) in her class this year, and besides just getting to be with her at school, I loved watching her create her artwork.


In front of one of her "masterpieces" at Evening of the Arts.
  •  She's a great friend and sister. Holly does a wonderful job at playing happily with each of her siblings. It is such a blessing! I know at school she tries to include other kids with she and Kinnedy at recess too.

 Here she is with her best friend Kinnedy on "twin day" at school.
  • She really tries her best at everything she does. She works hard at school and gymnastics and piano. We were having a little issues with not wanting to practice so I made a little sticker chart and that has really helped her have a great attitude. I've been learning right along with her so I can help her out. We both enjoy being able to play little songs like "Abraham Lincoln" and "Row, Row, Row Your Boat" (with a few chords) now :)
I'm so grateful I get to be Holly's mom. She is such a blessing in our lives :) This is going to be a special year for her since she'll turn 8 in October and get baptized. And she's pretty excited about starting Activity Days too. Right now she's good at reminding me how many days of school are left.



2 comments:

joyous said...

So cute! I love a happy child in the morning too. :)

Sally said...

Cute Holly! Sorry I didn't comment when I first saw this. She's such a sweet girl. Ah, my namesake!