Friday, May 25, 2012

Camping

Last weekend we took time out of our end of the school year busy-ness to enjoy the great outdoors. Big tall pine trees are a beautiful thing. Second only to the nice big drop in temperature.


We went with 3 of Dana's cousins and their families.


We got there in the early evening Friday so we pretty much just had time for dinner and setting up the tent.
 

And some card playin'


Our sweet happy campers all tucked in. It got REALLY cold that night.
 

Dana's cousins all had lots of "toys" which really took the camping fun to a whole new level.

 

Emma LOVED driving this souped-up golf cart around.
 

I think the pellet guns were Eli's favorite part.
 

The kids also found lots of these caterpillar guys...
 

...and played with them for hours.
 

Sadie and Kate
 

Eli and Clint playing "war"


Lots of time and room to explore.
 

Sweet Holly :)
 

Dana and his cousins Jeff and Brian. (Yes our battery died during the night because we had to get Sadie a kleenex from the car and we left the light on).


We had a SUPER time. I hope we can make it an annual thing at least :)

2 comments:

Kate said...

Sorry about the words on this post. My HTML got messed up somewhere and I'm not willing to redo the post :) Luckily, you're smart enough to figure it out anyway.

joyous said...

Super cute. I think camping is always more fun with other people too. And I'm sure the toys helped out. ;)