Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Scary-licious Fun

Our first Halloween party of 2011 was Sadie's preschool party. It was so fun making her look all princessy and even dabbing on a touch of make-up. And she's my first girl who wanted some! She chose the most popular little girl costume of the year: "Reee-pun-zul"- (which is how she started saying it after people asked her then couldn't understand her the first time). I counted at least 5 at our ward party.They has a little parade. At the end the kids were all repeatedly shouting "Happy Halloween!!"
Her cute little class :)
Saturday night we had our ward trunk-or-treat. Dana and I wore our costumes again so that was pretty fun to see everyone's reactions.

Here's Sadie at the face paint booth being helped by one of my sweet Beehives.
This years picks: Rapunzel, a green ninja, a pirate, and a cave-girl.
As usual on Halloween we had the school parties and parade.
Here's Holly and her BFF at school, Kinnedy.
Emma and Jane :)
And Eli in his class about to help transform his teacher into a mummy :) Of course they loved that.
And the best part of all- Halloween night. We had our haunted porch for the 3rd time (with a break last year since it was Sunday) and added a new feature. I could only get a picture with a flash since it was so dark, and that takes all the scariness away, but Eli did a great job jumping up and scaring people.
Then he got tired of it and wanted to trick-or-treat. We saw cousins up the street a little ways and I was so glad to get a picture of Sadie and Campbell together in their costumes :)
Here's the second round of trick-or-treaters after I came back with Sadie and Eli. They had a great time zig-zagging across the street, running from house-to-house. I have to say, our neighborhood rocks for "treatin".
Then first thing this morning after taking the kids to school, I grabbed our HUGE bowl of candy and high-tailed it to a local orthodontist who buys back trick-or-treat candy and sends it to the troops. It's so nice having it away so I'm not eating it all day! Hooray!

On Halloween I had to make a last minute Target run for a few things we needed that night and had to laugh because they had Christmas music playing. I guess they couldn't wait just one more day!

5 comments:

Shannon said...

What a fun Halloween! Your kids are seriously so cute. I love Sadie's Reepunzel pronunciation. :) Good call with turning in the candy too. I have a giant bowl of candy sitting on the counter and it really just needs to disappear!

Christine said...

So cute! I love a good costume parade! Love their costumes!

Sally said...

I wish we could've come out for Halloween. It's so fun to see all the kids. I didn't get very good pics of James's bear suit, but maybe I'll post anyway. He was adorable in it and so huggable.
Can't wait to see you guys pretty soon!

Jill Ison said...

that was fun on halloween. so glad i found you guys. i woulda really missed out if i didn't. i love eli's face in the one where he's going to make mrs. james a mummy. i love his enthusiasm for halloween too. its awesome. good kid.

Carrie said...

They look so cute! I love how excited kids are to be in costumes each year. I love the pumpkin pictures too!