Friday, November 11, 2011

Excuses, Excuses

Life has seemed extra busy lately. I check my blog everyday hoping that someone has updated it. But, like changing the t.p. roll, it seems that's a task left for me. So I promised myself I'd update today but I woke up at 3:50 AM to take the Beehives to do baptisms and I'm fading fast.
Here are some of the things that have made life busy:
  • We had Evening in Excellence this week which followed a very special week we did for the girls called "Daughter of God" (to truly help the girls gain a testimony that they are exactly that). They were both awesome! I love my calling :) And all these great ladies I get to work with and learn from.
  • I went on a field trip with Eli and the rest of the 4th grade yesterday.It was to the "Pueblo Grande" museum in Phoenix. We got to tour actual ruins of the ancient Hohokam Native Americans. Boy did Eli love it. See him there up in front pointing?
    And here running to get to the front while I and the other "old folks" (as our tour guide liked to call us) drug our feet at the back. I went on the same field trip 2 years ago with Em's class and we had the same tour guide! He's really, really nice and patient with all those 9 yr old questions.
  • I went to watch Emma take part in the school Spelling Bee (She was one of two winners from her classroom)And I loved that she was still happy after getting "out" (on "broadcast" of all words! She left out the "a" out of nervousness). I think she has amazing perspective on life for a girl her age. I saw lots of teary-eyed kids over there.
  • Dana's parents came to visit us over last weekend for Don's sister's 50th anniversary bash. Of course their visit included lots of fun stuff. Like comparing the passed down "crooked pinkie" gene...
And grandma had the fun idea to make "candy apples" with the kids (not caramel) They were yummy!(not recommended if you have braces or any unsecured teeth.)
The kids loved helping and trying something new.
Also going to "Organ Stop Pizza" which is quickly becoming tradition when grandma and grandpa visit :)
I promise I'll be back soon with Spotlight #2. (only a month and a half later). Gooodnight!

2 comments:

XO, Jennifer Kiddle said...

I loved reading your update. You have been VERY busy, but looking so happy in the process.
I also loved seeing and reading your Bio on I'm a Mormom. I've had that on my To Do List for quite a while. You're amazing !

Jill Ison said...

i havent had a candy apple in forever! or is it ever? i cant remember. but now i want one for sure. looks like some fun busy-ness miss kate.