Wednesday, July 27, 2011

'Wacky Week' (Plus Other Stuff)

Last week Emma came up with the idea to have a 'wacky week' where they do something crazy each day. So ready or not- here comes some of our summer wackiness!
(Sorry Emma I know these are out of order).

Monday(I for once did not take the blurry picture:)
Tuesday (or was it Thurs?)


Wednesday
Beachball soccer :) Looks like Emma's "Red Hot Volcano" uniform she wore when she was 4 is finally starting to fit!


They ran out of ideas so decided to include Eli's rope bridge he made for Friday.

As you can see, we have a non-stop party happening over here :)
Actually I have to say I feel really, really blessed that the kids still play together. Every morning they start some game (they are almost always animals) and I have to eventually stop them to have them start jobs. It's hard for me because I'm not sure how many more summers they'll do this so well. Or maybe they'll keep it up and start acting out plays like on "Little Women" :)

Anyway, since you've been wondering, here are our beautiful peaches- some of the last few. They have been sweet and delicious even though they're small. We've loved them and hopefully will have lots more to come next year.
I just can't believe school begins 2 weeks from today. Yikes! Every other year I've been pretty excited, but this summer I'm enjoying having no schedule and taking our little vacations.

I bit the bullet the other day and got our school supplies. Then I put them out and had the kids get the things on their lists and put them in bags in their rooms.
Unpictured: Emma tried every single clothing item she owns and we discovered that about more than half her closet was too small for her. I had to BEG her to go school shopping. First we looked online at Gap which was pure torture for and she didn't like a single shirt. Today she dragged her feet to "Tillys" with me and found 2 shirts she thought were pretty good. So I guess her school shopping is done. Have you ever heard of an 11 yr-old girl feeling this way about clothes? I can't relate to it (I wore heels and make-up to my first day of 6th grade) but I'm trying to appreciate it because I don't think I'll have this problem with the little two. And I think it would've done me well to care a little less about what other people thought of me. So I'm trying really hard to let her be her. (As long as it's a hygenic her :)

3 comments:

joyous said...

What fun! You do have sweet kids. :) I love their wacky ideas for the week. And your pile of school supplies is rather impressive. I better get going on my own lists!!

Shannon said...

How wonderful that they play like that together! Such fun ideas too.

Your peaches look fantastic. Yum.

How funny that Emma is so not into clothes. Your thoughts on the subject are good though. No sense in encouraging her to be any more self conscious than she will be anyway. Hygiene is good though. :)

Kristy said...

I love their creativity! What a fun week :)