Sunday, July 10, 2011

Flaky Fairy Strikes Again (barely)

Holly had been waiting and waiting and waiting some more. Until finally. That first tooth came out. When she noticed it was wiggly enough for her to really move around she wouldn't leave it alone and got it out that day (which is an undetermined date approx. 3 weeks ago).
So the first tooth is a big deal and all night I kept thinking- 'Fairy! don't you DARE forget Holly'. And yep, you guessed it. I woke up bright and very early to a sad voice saying "Mom...the tooth fairy didn't get my tooth for the castle". Yes my heart about broke in half.
Her fairy belief was already on shaky ground due to Eli declaring the day before that "Fairies are not real, even the tooth fairy (crazy-eyed look from mom)....oh uh....haha...actually except for the tooth fairy." Nice recovery boy.
Luckily, I had her re-convinced by the time we tucked that tiny tooth in our pretty fairy pillow that night. But then the flakiness.

Don't worry, this story does have a happy ending. The fairy made a surprise (mad-dash) visit while Holly went to the bathroom. Then we did an under pillow re-check to see if maybe she had missed it and what-do-you-know! The money had fallen out but was there.
Me: Didn't you see it Holly? Oh well that's okay. Wow! A dollar! And the Kleenex..still waded in the bottom but the tooth is gone! I bet that tooth is being added right now at the front of the castle because it was so perfect and clean.
Holly: mild confusion giving way to acceptance and happiness about having $1.
(whew!)

I know it was a Saturday because then she traded the dollar for this movie at a yard sale and was a happy camper.
The girl's pretty savvy. I'm hoping we make it through a few more teeth and at least one more Christmas.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Nice recovery! It makes me sad that my kids won't believe in Santa and the Tooth Fairy, etc. forever. Everything is so magical when they believe. Love that Holly bought that movie with her dollar. :)

joyous said...

Hahahaha!!! That's so funny. It amazes me that Liz still believes in the tooth fairy. My guess is that a dollar goes a long way towards helping that belief stay in tact.

Good luck with Christmas and the older kids, they might need a good reminder that if they don't believe, they don't get presents!!!!

Kristy said...

I love the quick thinking tooth fairy :) & way to stretch a dollar Holly!!!