Monday, September 27, 2010

It's Fall! (officially)

Nothing makes me want to celebrate more than thinking about impending cool weather and all the upcoming holidays at the tail-end of a summer here in the "Valley Of the Sun" :) So since we had a party for it last year, I thought we might as well make it a tradition. The kids helped me decorate and invited our favorite neighboring cousins...
And my little kitchen side-kick helped me make some pumpkin pancakes...
And Amy brought the fruit and Dan brought his favorite syrup...
And we had a little breakfast feast...
To eagerly welcome fall.
If I'd known I would love fall this much someday I probably would've named one of my girls Autumn! :)

6 comments:

Melanie said...

I love the idea of a Fall party! Around here, that is definitely a reason for celebration! Looks like you all had a fun time!

Shannon said...

What a fun Fall party! I love Fall too, but not as much as you because winter is not nearly as great here in Utah. It is long and cold. AZ winters are much better. :) It doesn't quite feel like Fall here yet. It's in the 90's today! But I have no doubt the temps will drop when I get back from CA. And then I will be pulling out the fuzzy socks, fleece jammies, and soup recipes. Hooray for Fall!

Carrie said...

What a cute idea! I love it. And anything pumpkin flavored is the beeest. Ya fall!

Sally said...

Fall! I do feel like it deserves celebration. Disneyland was awesome, but it seriously got up to 111 degrees! We did not stay all day, since Eter started to get heat stroke.
I love fall sweaters, candle burning, leave crunching, baking, and holiday spirit in the air.

Rhonda said...

You are such a fun mom Katie. Fall is definately something we are looking forward to. Wish it wasn't taking so much time to get here. Sounds like a yummy breakfast too.

Jill Ison said...

mmmmm pumpkins pancakes :)