The kids are dress-up fanatics. Emma one year for Christmas asked for a "lion costume" from Santa. And when it's from Santa it's serious business for mom and dad. So I looked and looked and finally when it came down to the wire I bought this on EBAY. She was not impressed Christmas morning. Even though "Lion King" was about her favorite movie for 3 straight years, I think she was going for authentic lion. Not- 'Simba just ate my head'. She put it on that morning for me and never touched it again.
Since then it's had a few takers. I love when the kids put it on because it always makes me laugh. Is it me? Or is there something hilarious about it? Awhile back I caught Holly with it on and ran for the camara. She didn't want to come out at first. But am I ever glad she did. Now the costume can be fully appreciated in all it's glory.
Forever :)
Since then it's had a few takers. I love when the kids put it on because it always makes me laugh. Is it me? Or is there something hilarious about it? Awhile back I caught Holly with it on and ran for the camara. She didn't want to come out at first. But am I ever glad she did. Now the costume can be fully appreciated in all it's glory.
Forever :)P.S. This is one of those pictures that makes me so happy to be a mom.
4 comments:
HA HA HA HA HA!! You did a good job describing it--Simba eating your head! Awesome that a semi-flop Christmas present (Way to go, Santa!) can bring so much laughter now.
I think it's hilarious when kids ask for costumes for Christmas. Too bad it wasn't quite as big of a hit as you had hoped, but it's still getting a little use, right?
haha! serious?! that is a very silly lion costume but i know all about the 'asked santa for' gift. if you ever do a family time capsule make sure to add that precious gem to it.
Just found your blog through Andrea. Your family is growing up so cute. We feel like we are on the other side of the world now. I just saw a picture of Rhonda Meyers. Can't get on her block, it is blocked (so hurt). Will you tell her I saw her and she looks fabulous and I miss talking to her. Take care. Anne Garner
Post a Comment