Tonight we were at the mall and the questions began again "Why do people take drugs?" "What do they do to you?" "What do they look like?" I looked at her asking these "big girl" questions with the same inquisitive sparkle in her eye she's always had. I realized for the 50th time this summer that she is becoming a "big girl". And you can bet I answered every one of those questions telling her how rotten they are, what they do to people, emphasizing the loss of freedom people face when they have an addiction. I watched her curiosity being satisfied, feeling grateful for the good girl she is and the road she's already headed down. And hopeful that she'll never stop talking to me and that the questions will never end.

3 comments:
I thought you two were so cute together yesterday. she is an awesome girl and you are a wonderful mom.
I always love seeing Baby Emma. Those huge eyes! Everyone in Argentina used to comment on them when I would show pictures--QUE OJAZOS!
She's got such a unique spirit.
Hey Katie, so great to catch up and see what you guys are up to!! It looks like you've had a great summer. See you soon!!
Love, Shawni
Post a Comment