Monday, August 31, 2009

"I Love My Kids"

I am really enjoying spending time with my little girls while the older 2 are in school. I am able to have one-on-one time with each of them. When Holly goes to pre-school and dance class, I get to hang-out with Sadie, and likewise with Holly when Sadie takes a nap. Last week Holly helped me make banana bread. It felt kinda fall-ish. I'm so excited tomorrow is Sept!!! It'll still be hot but we are getting there right? She was a very sweet helper. And enjoyed the bowl all to herself.
Emma pulled out her 4 inch binder scrapbook (from ages 0-2) yesterday and was looking through it. I would like to scan in many pictures from there but don't really want to pull apart all my hard work- no matter how outdated looking it is now. But I had to put this one in. It's so weird to see our little family when we just had 1 baby! Seems like so long ago :)
I miss having a baby. I can't help it. I don't really know that I can mentally or physically handle anymore. But the urge nags on.

3 days ago I had to take all 4 to Target for a "quick stop". This trip included a call from the school regarding my son, all 4 kids laying on the floor reading books in the book section, a jar of salsa dropped and shattered by said boy as he was trying to check the price on those little scanners they have everywhere, and an older man letting me know that I almost have enough players for a basketball team (Emma later asked me why he wants us to play basketball). Upon finally exiting the store I knew that I'm just CRAZY to even think about more. What's wrong with me?

But I have times- many times when I feel equally convinced that it would be wonderful. That we could do it. Dana holds onto some hope that Eli could have a brother waiting (although, being a Giles, I'm sure it'd be another girl). This is our life's current big dilemna. I do have faith that we will eventually be inspired with the decision that is right for our family:)

5 comments:

Shannon said...

You do have such a cute family. I love the picture of you and Dana with just Emma. It is weird to think back to when you just had one. I don't know what to tell you about having more kids. I'm positive you could handle it, especially with having older ones to help out, but I guess ultimately it should be a matter of prayer. I am in the current dilemma of trying to decide when the next little one should come along. If I want them 2 years apart I better get cracking, but I don't feel ready yet. Sigh. Hope your weather starts cooling off soon!

stacy said...

those pictures if holly are so cute! it is so fun to have that alone time with just one.

i hate shopping with all of my kids too it can be such a nightmare sometimes. someone always ends up crying and it's usually over not getting what they want.

we have that same thing going over here...to have a baby or not to have a baby, THAT is the question. :)

Shawni said...

I love blogs to catch up! I wish I could have another baby...I hope you do so I can live vicariously through you. Ha ha. It is such a tough decision though.

Cute pictures.

I'm with you on the paper thing. I just buy huge boxes with the reams of paper at Costco since we go through it so darn fast!

Anonymous said...

I feel the same dilema! I guess it not in the cards for us either! but that doesn't change the nagging in my heart for another bundle! So sad for us!!

Kathryn said...

It is nice to know others are having the same dilemma. I have gone back & forth a few times myself.

It is also nice to know we can communicate our desires/concerns with a loving Father in heaven.