Sunday, June 7, 2009

Ready and Willing

Emma had her first swim meet of the year Saturday (well first one we went to anyway) and she did great! Last year we only went to 1, so this year we made a goal for 2. She has practice daily at 7:15 am, so Saturdays she prefers to sleep and relax. Can't blame her- it is summer after all. She is not particularly a competetive girl, so she's mainly in it for the awesome swimming skills she's acquiring. Well, that's why one of us is really happy she's in it. Luckily she likes it too. Probably partly the lack of "big" pool we got around here.
Now that I'm looking at this picture- those are some really tall girls at the front. Or is that an optical illusion because they're closer?

Ready for the backstroke!

Cheering Section!
They get ribbons for every place. She has fun in almost everything she does. I really admire that attitude. Nice work sweet pea!
I know I've said this many-a-time, but she is such a helper and awesome big sister. Sadie looks to her like a second mom.
I.E....
Ahhh- love you Emmy!

2 comments:

Sally said...

This comment follows in my normal vein of "She's so big!" How did this happen? Backstroke? I barely even know how to do that. Second mom? But she can barely dress herself!
(This comment officially makes me an "old" person.)
I love that Emma never cares what other people think. She's always had such an independent spirit. AND, she's so pretty. It's really not fair to have so many gifts! :)

Shannon said...

That is so exciting! I personally am a big fan of the backstroke too. It's good that she doesn't worry too much about the competition part and that you don't push her. Every day practice is pretty intense as it is. Echoing Sally, she really is such a beauty too.