Now onto our party that was totally off the hook.
Eli got a bug in his head suddenly a week ago. He wanted to have a "movie party". He was non-stop with it as he tends to be about things from time to time. I couldn't think of reason not to since, as parties go, it can't get too much easier. He wanted to watch "Horton Hears a Who". Then Emma talked him into "Hotel For Dogs". Upon looking that up and seeing it was PG and 7+ "For mild thematic elements, language and some crude humor", I changed his mind back.
So I let the kids each invite 3 friends which turned out to be just a little more in the end. But what can you do with so many awesome friends and cousins around? And of course we would've loved to invite even more. However, we only have so much rug to pull up in our living room and only the small offspring of 2 big-screen tv's.
Thank you so much for letting your kids come over on such short notice. My favorite part of the night was right when the movie ended, the kids all ran out back and ran around and played only the way they play when it's dark out. I remember as a kid holding to a firm belief that I could run way faster in the dark.
This is not the entire group but as many as I could get standing all the way against the wall, leaning over the toy bins.
All the kids enjoyed the popcorn and healthy snacks. Thanks again for those who brought stuff!
SO cute! (Julia had a big smile right up until the picture clicked :)
The boys- who were very outnumbered. As typical around here.
Sweet little girls. I love the little girly nightgowns.
The way cool BIG girls.
One boy feeling at peace with a content brain bug. Eli- you have a knack for making life more interesting and fun. I love you for it sweet boy!
5 comments:
I'll give you west but coast is out of the question! that was fun of you to do... especially since it gave me the chance to go out for icecream with out most of my kids :)
shhhh. dont tell!
That Eli is a fun kid.
So fun! I love that idea. My kids aren't really old enough, but someday I envision lots of neighborhood kids hanging out at my house. Good for you getting pics of them all with their friends too. Those are so nice to have later on.
The girls had SO much fun. I love that idea and will probably use it once or twice myself this summer. We will definately call you. Thanks so much for inviting them.
You're impressing me with your urban dialect. U da' BOMB!
That looks like so much fun! You are a brave woman to have all those kiddos over! They all looked so cute in their jammies! :)
Post a Comment