Tuesday, March 17, 2009

A Spring Break Stay-cation

Dear 96 Honda civic with 180K miles,

I REALLY miss you. You were a good car! We bought you in SLC in 1999 when we found out we were going to be parents. We later brought that baby home from the hospital inside your roomy interior. (I sat in the back and held that floppy head up the whole way home.) Same story with #2 and unbelieveabley #3. You didn't seem quite so roomy anymore with 3 carseats jammed into the back. You were as much a family member as a car can be. Well, we never gave you a name which I know people do...but anyway.

Aside from all that, I'm really missing you because we haven't replaced you with your upgraded version yet and that means I'm left with no car at all after Dana goes to work. Which could be considered an extra bummer during Spring Break. Okay so it is- but so far we've at least managed to keep busy. And sometimes beg other cars for rides. Here's some stay-cation highlights...

A super, fun St. Patricks Day activity with some friends this morning! Already playing in the water! The second we hit 80 deg. my kids are all over it. Fun with cousins. We got to watch Jane, Dal, and Campbell for 2 days while their mom and big sis went to NYC!
Party in the puddle- the poorman's swimming pool Cousins in the fairy tent Creative dress-up clothes Family coming to visit. (Uncle David doing a great rendition of "Brier Rabbit" which had all the kids entralled for a good 15-20 mins)
Family dinner. (Loved seeing you and meeting Bubba, Randa! Sally and I have named you guys "Ran-ba") Carnival face paint. (pre-spring break) Be-a-u-ti-ful Butterfly
...You may have been kind of excited when we drove past you on the side of the rode in Mesa Saturday night, U-turned, and then came back. See, we do miss you, but we were really just interested to see what your new sign said asking $1500 more than we sold you for. Pretty funny story. To your new owner I send a sincere- "good luck". I'm glad you finally got your cracked timing belt fixed! That must be nice. Hmmm..I wonder if your left rear door now opens from the outside...
Stay Awesome and thanks for the memories!

3 comments:

Jill Ison said...

campbell IS so darling isnt she... also your sisters boyfriend is pretty good looking too, don't you think?

Miranda said...

Thanks Jill. He is hot, and nice too.

The Crazy Wyatt Fam said...

Stay-cation is so funny! I am sorry you didn't have a car though,that really sucks!!It still looks like you all had a good time! Your such a great mom!!