Thursday, March 26, 2009

What if...?

This is a phrase we hear frequently from this little guy. He's very inquistive (as most of you may well know) and curious about many things. I do love that, and try my best to answer his questions until I really feel like I can't go on or don't have anymore time to go on.
Tonight he was asking about dying and said-

"What if someone died on their birthday?"

I said "Yeah that's happened. That's pretty sad huh?"

He said "Yeah.....and who would eat the cake?"

And he said it in a serious tone like it would be a tragedy in and of itself. An extremely valid kid concern.

I've also been getting alot of "I love you"s lately. Eli, how do you get sweeter by the day? I love you too!!!

5 comments:

Melanie said...

How cute! I love cake too, so I happen to think that would be a big tragedy for someone to miss out on their own cake too. What a sweet guy!

Jill Ison said...

hahahahahahahahahahaha!!

Christine said...

Oh my goodness! So sweet and so deep! I love when they break out of play mode and have those deep thoughts. They are such amazing little people. So cute and so funny. The "I love yous" are priceless. Eli is so cute.
love, Christine

Sally said...

Totally! A double-whammy. Hopefully they get a chance to eat the cake before they die the same day, a kind of last meal.
Eli is a sweetie.

Shawni said...

I love the "what if"s. You have such cute kids, Katie. Ok, but do you spell Katie Kate? Now I think I'm getting it wrong since it's written Kate in the blogging world.