Saturday, March 7, 2009

"Bap"

Got these cute pictures of Sadie in the "bap" the other day. One of her favorite words- and activities.


She's beginning to repeat everything I say and I just LOVE the babytalk phase. I love it. I've heard that you're supposed to correct them after they say something wrong like "nana" you say "That's right 'banana' ". I always end up having the opposite happen. I reinforce the way they say it until they begin to correct me. Sometimes I still ask my kids to say things the way they used to say them because I just love remembering the way their little voices sounded. Maybe that's weird- I'm not sure. It's one of my mommy loves.

When we were going to Disneyland last month Holly was calling it "Dis-lee-land." I was so sad when Emma told her the right way to say it. I just think there's nothing cuter. So I'm sooooo happy Sadie is just starting it :) She says "El-no no" (Elmo), "Hony"(Pony)- which she says right when she wakes up because she wants to watch a "My Little Pony" video we have. She's my first toddler to struggle with making the harder sounds so I'm new to the guessing game of, for example, when she says "doodie" is it shoes-ie?, bootie? (pirate booty), or foodie? But I know she'll get them down later so for now I'm enjoying- and thinking hard about the context.

She's just beginning to get a little sassy. It's cute-I ain't gonna lie. Dana and I have to try not to smile and laugh. That's one I don't reinforce because it gets a lot less cute all too soon. If I take something away she'll come up to me with her little mini fist and say "bop! mom" (stop). And then she'll do this little number with a little spit sound which I accidentally got a picture of:

Non-sassy Sadie
I had to post this picture of Holly I stole off her preschool blog. I just love it! She's learning so much lately. She's really seems to love learning new things and LOVES when I take time to work with her- which should be more. Although, there's a part of me that doesn't want to since she has another year before Kindergarten and she can read 3 letter words like "hat" "net" etc. She's so sweet and I enjoy her so much. She's signed up for the "Early Learners" program in Mesa next fall, and it's everyday. I'll miss having her around as much as I do now.

7 comments:

Rhonda said...

Hey Katie, I didn't know you could steal a picture from another blog. That is cool!! I'm glad you stole that one and liked it so much. Every picture of Holly is pretty cute. She is ALWAYS ready to pose for the camera and then she gets right back to work. I was gonna ask you if you realized she is starting to read 3 letter words. I can see light bulbs going off every day. She is so awesome. And Julia totally loves having her friendship too. In fact I just changed my last post on my blog b/c she loves all her friends so much that I don't think she could have a true answer as to who is best. Holly is definately a favorite. We all adore her!!

stacy said...

you are not alone. i think most of us parents think that it's cute when they can't say everything just right. tatum had a lisp for the first 3 years and we said everything with a lisp around our house. we had never had a speach issue with any of our kids either so that was new. the older she got i got freaked out that it wasn't going to get better so jeff started working with her and we stopped speaking with a lisp as a family:).

my kids all said dis-lee-land too.:)

Miranda said...

I love Holly's face in that picture: like she even surprised herself, "Look what I did!" Cute. I wish I could come see you guys sometime soon. I get this BABIES craving every three months it seems.

The Crazy Wyatt Fam said...

AAHHH, Holly is so cute! She has such a bright little smile!

I too LOVE LOVE toddler talk!

The Crazy Wyatt Fam said...

oops.. I accidently deleted part of my message!

Sadie has such an adorable personality captured in pictures! Especially for being SO young! I love it!!

kkerr said...

So cute! We are so excited to see you guys! Poor Holly and my Anna. So ready for school, late birthdays holding them back. I hope they have fun playing together.

Shawni said...

How the heck did Sadie get so big?? Such cute kids.